SPINDRIFT VIDEO PREMIERE â€œVISIONARIUMâ€ FROM NEW ALBUM CLASSIC SOUNDTRACKS VOL. 3
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEÂ Before reading / viewing on, take a gander at some of Corys many works of art at either of the links here!!! Get inspired! Give him some cred!Â
VIEW Cory Gladfelterâ€™s Â â€œ VISIONARIUM â€œ @ Facebook:Â https://www.facebook.com/TheVisionariumOfCoryGladfelter/
OR AT INSTAGRAM:https://instagram.com/corygladfelter?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
VISIONARIUM : Â Cory Gladfelterâ€™s Next Level Surreal Punk ArtÂ Â
Featuring : KIRPATRICKâ€™s ARTIQUE QUICKIEÂ
Greetings my friends, my name is Kirpatrick Thomas. I devote most of my time building conceptual ideas for the long term musical art project known as SPINDRIFT. Now that youâ€™ve had a chance to familiarize yourselves with the VISIONARIUM letâ€™s get startedâ€¦. Â Â Â Â Â
From the earliest days of SPINDRIFTâ€™s inception, artist, friend, roadie, and confidant Cory Gladfelter has always been there to give us that little extra bit of inspiration, humor, and friendly loving companionship. Yet, this whole time, we just knew he had an artistic skeleton Â hiding in the proverbial closet! Â FINALLY inÂ 2022, with our tune â€œVISIONARIUMâ€œ (featured on the new Alternative Tentacles Records album SPINDRIFT "Classic Soundtracks Vol. 3"!) weÂ are happy to announce our collaborative efforts combining a cinematic documentary film score Â with his many many visually mind bending pastiche works of art!Â Â Â Â Â Â
Some years ago, we re-settled in Los Angeles, slowly but surely leaving our East Coast, Â Delawarean Â roots behind. Â Over the last 20 years, not only did our friends and fans get shuffled but our musical influences also Â shifted from shoegaze inspired psychedelic retro Doors-y 60â€™s punk Space-rock to the far out cinematic Western Â Ennio Morricone influenced film score a la lost in a ghost town on acid style we are more known for now. (Oh, so easily explained!!!) Ha!Â
(((Well, thatâ€™s at least what I read somewhere. Wikipedia def does NOT do it justice. )))Â Â Â
Hence, it was nice to see our old Delawarean buddy Cory Gladfelter still at it, viscously cranking out his newly inspired project. Â We felt weâ€™d been connected via psyche. Right there with him all along.Â Â Â
Coryâ€™s Â â€œVISIONARIUMâ€œ is an immense collection of what he may call â€œsimple collage switch-blade artâ€ and yes, this surrealist collage medium has definitely been done before, Â however that is the last thing you will think of when you gaze upon the many wildly geocentric works of genius!Â Â Â
Titles : Â â€œMagazine Mutilated by Switchblade, The Asylum Within, Secret Agent Eyeball, Hypnochamber, An Anthem for Overthinking, Insight for Saleâ€, and letâ€™s Â not over exaggerating the Â â€œDefunct Scintillating Perfunctory Astringent Sanctifying Junctureâ€ all give the sense of disjointed anarchy with a need for resolve through simplification. Something todayâ€™s art world vastly needs. Can one rise above the mediocre and letâ€™s bring on the new Gladfelter VISIONARIUM!?! It is time!Â
How else to explain it?
Leâ€™ Â BREAk DoWn: Â Iâ€™m looking at one piece here: â€œTrance Portationâ€
1. First thing: Massive color overload.
2. Movement, via Explosions, water, fluid swooshing away, with a conductor mostly represented at the helm (in this case weâ€™re reluctantly on board with our skull friend).Â
3. Fungi - an element of psychedelia (as with most surrealism intentional or not) Â represented throughout his works.
4. Most commonly encompassed within a diamond , or pyramid shape (definitely not always but often).
5. Â Prevalence. A medium for time, the now, of our time. The culmination! Quick, happy fun! Immediate thought and stimulation. A quick sex pill. Cum and go. As you please, Mr. Sneeze! Yet, Letâ€™s get it over with and on to the next, then the next, then the next, and next, and nextâ€¦.Keep going, it will never bore. Only until the next thing cums and drags you away then you return within yourâ€¦.
6. SUBCONSCIOUS. The point where we wonder whatâ€™s what within the reality dream state question mark we are captive in. Yes, youâ€™ve reached Captain Beefheart Trout Mask Replicesque Nirvana force factor 5!Â
7. Just to break it down: This stuff is awesome! Whatâ€™s not to like about a modern day surrealistic pillow pattern created via by a well centered geometrically subjugated collage punk art guy!Â
*****Iâ€™m definitely not an art critic, or a writer, and most definitely NOT a music video editor / Director but I do know this; his works were enough for SPINDRIFT to write/ record/ release a musical equivalent to allow some form of a way to give his VISIONARIUM musical/visual documentary representation and in todayâ€™s world, that is plenty enough!Â
THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION CORY!!!Â
~~~ Kirpatrick Thomas
Producer, Composer, ConspiratorÂ SPINDRIFT